Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hey Ho, Let’s Go! Cont...

...So, it was at this time, after I was already enrolled in a little Mississippi Community College to occupy my time while I made my escape plan, that I heard of Burlington College. At first it seemed impossible, I lived so far away. But luckily the falcutly was very flexible and allowed me to arrive two weeks before classes started. This is great because everything about the college appealed to me. There was public transportation in the city, there was recycling, there was moose, skiing, snowboarding, and SNOW. While still in Mississippi I dug through my closet for the warmest clothes I could find and waited with anticipation to start the semester. About twice a week the school would call to make sure everything was in order and they let me sign up for classes over the phone. When I finally drove nonstop for a day and a half in a van full of boxes to Vermont I knew I made one of the best decisions in my life. Seeing the Adirondacks on a sunny January morning was eye watering.


Well now I’m a Freshman at Burlington College double majoring in fine art and writing. I’m a vegetarian, and that used to be a hassle but is now AWESOME. Coming from a town where the only store was Wal-Mart, Church Street in Burlington is like a magical land where people have options. Everyone here loves to be here and the positive energy that envelopes this town is contagious. In general, this college has become an adventure and I’m pretty excited to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment