Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tattoos, Saints, and Penguins

So, I have been on the hunt for employment since I arrived in Vermont. I go out and apply everywhere. I made resumes too. There are a lot of shops nearby Burlington College, and I haven’t applied to even half of them. So on one of these hunts I stopped by a tattoo parlor to see if they could fix a tattoo of mine. I started talking to the tattoo artist and BAM, I am now on top of being a full-time student, I get to put my art education into practice as an apprentice at Body Art Tattoo and Piercing.

This gives me a chance to practice a whole new style of art and make money. Two of the guys who work in the shop are from my neck of the woods, New Orleans. Which brings me to my next point… the Saints won the Superbowl? That’s nuts! The students who live on the Burlington College campus had a get together where we watched the game. Best part: free food. Everyone I know in the South has been doing back flips of joy over this phenomenon. Up here people are more interested in the Burlington Vermont Winter Festival. I don’t know much about it, but I know my boyfriend is going to jump into Lake Champlain in February. It’s some event appropriately called Penguin Plunge. I don’t think I’m up for being a penguin, personally. But if the rest of Burlington Vermont wants to freeze in the lake, I’m sure it’ll be fun to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment